How to set up a fish tank
What you need:
– Fish- safe gravel
– Fake plastic underwater plants
– Real underwater plants (optional)
– Fish filter
– A fish tank
– Water purifier
– Aquarium decorations
– Heater (if necessary)
- Thoroughly wipe the tank with a clean, wet cloth. You can also use pet-safe disinfectant spray, but make sure to wash it off afterwards.
- Wash the gravel with water, then add it to the tank. Make sure it is evenly laid out throughout the tank.
- Add your plants and decorations.
- Fill your tank with treated water. Make sure you use a water purifyer first to reduce the amount of chlorine and chloramine to a safe level for your fish.
- Put in your water filter and heater.
- Cycle your tank for a few weeks before adding your fish. This gives time for good bacteria to grow, which is important for the ecosystem of the tank.
- Change the water every week.
Stories of the same author